G-8 ag leaders set to meet and open data to the world
Each day of the conference will include announcements from the G-8 countries and the U.S. government representatives about the data they are releasing.
"Taking data that taxpayers have already funded and making it public in useable formats will fuel economic growth and help drive the agricultural innovation needed to meet our global food security challenges," said Woteki. "We will provide a one-stop shop for all of our public agriculturally relevant data that can be used by entrepreneurs, scientists and agricultural leaders to build applications, conduct analyses, and perform research. This is the first step into a new, 21st century arena of accelerating agricultural research."
To hear a preview of the topics to be discussed during the conference click here. The U.S. delegation to the G-8 International Conference on Open Data for Agriculture will fulfill the New Alliance for Food Security and Nutrition commitment made by President Obama and G8 leaders at the Camp David summit a year ago.
For more information on the conference, please visit the conference website or e-mail G8AGOPENDATA@osec.usda.gov. Watch the conference through a live web feed here, follow or contribute to the discussion on Twitter using the hashtag #OpenAgData
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.