Form of gypsum comes from flue gas scrubbing
Most farmers probably aren’t aware how today’s state-of-the-art wet scrubbers are used as a first step to produce high-purity gypsum from flue gas being cleaned for reduced air emissions. Desulfurization gypsum is produced in this process.
Tour participants saw firsthand the wet scrubber step during a sponsored tour at the City Water, Light & Power (CWLP) Dallman Power Station at Springfield, Ill. Gypsoil Division (www.gypsoil.com) of Beneficial Reuse Management LLC sponsored the tour in conjunction with the National No-Tillage Conference held at Springfield in January. Approximately 90 farmers and agricultural leaders participated in the tour.
Gypsoil is the distributor of agricultural gypsum produced at the CWLP facility. The Gypsoil Division reports a growing number of crop farmers using Gypsoil to amend soils and add nutrients, resulting in enhanced soil quality and crop performance. Gypsoil is 13 to16 percent sulfate sulfur and 17 to 20 percent calcium on a dry weight basis. The branded product is now available through distributors in 21 states in the Midwest, Plains and South.
Gypsoil management promotes that it diverts valuable co-products from landfill disposal to produce agricultural inputs by working in partnership with utilities and manufacturing companies.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.