Food Security Index explained
“We cannot achieve food security absent genuine sustainability that encompasses how food is produced, how it gets to market and how it is served on our plates,” Borel added.
As a part of its commitment to food security, DuPont commissioned the development of a comprehensive measurement tool that addresses the need for specific metrics to illustrate what food security looks like country-by-country. The Global Food Security Index was created by the Economist Intelligence Unit and is a one-of-a-kind tool that will help all of us around the world measure and better understand the many aspects of what constitutes food security in 105 countries, including Indonesia. The Index looks at affordability, availability, nutritional quality and safety, and it will employ an adjustment factor for food price fluctuations to examine the risk countries face throughout the course of a given year. To learn more log onto foodsecurityindex.eiu.com.
“Our hope is that the Global Food Security Index will promote a common understanding and foster collaborations across the food value chain, generate insights and stimulate action to feed a growing population,” said Borel.
At an evening event, DuPont also marked its sponsorship of the second season of the BBC World News program Horizons, presented by BBC business journalist and conference moderator, Adam Shaw. This Horizons series continues with a journey across the globe in search of the ideas and businesses that may succeed over the next decade in tackling the planet’s biggest challenges. The new season of Horizons will air on BBC World News, in over 200 countries and territories around the world beginning on Oct. 6. For information on the program, visit http://www.horizonsbusiness.comor Facebook.com/horizonsTVseries.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Hawaiian GMO crop registry implementation halted
- Maryland leaders stall phosphorus regulations
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- Agricultural subsidies remain a staple in the industrial world
- Canada, South Korea conclude long-delayed free trade deal
- Syngenta halts sales of new GMO corn seed in Canada
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.