‘Flash drought’ started huge percent of U.S. problem
“The first year of drought we see much of the impact to agriculture, but as you go forward, you start to see more impacts to water supply and availability for municipal water supplies. Those that use individual wells start having issues and require deeper wells. A lot of problems arise as you go past that first year. Think about it; we haven’t even been in one year of drought for the Midwest and Central Plains. It started back in June. We are not even talking 12 full months of drought yet. Some of those areas in Texas and Oklahoma are having some serious water problems with municipal water availability,” Fuchs noted.
As a conclusion, he spent quite a bit of time saying farmers and ranchers need to plan alternatives to their operations as drought might appear to be possible and continuing for a long period. Fuchs said, “Planning and monitoring conditions is important both before and during a drought episode. I hope you take away that I should be thinking about the next drought today. Even if I’m not in drought, I should be considering a plan; what am I going to do on my operation and how would a drought impact me.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company