Financial benchmarking to be focus of meeting
Financial benchmarking and how farmers can use it will be a focus of the annual conference of the Farm Financial Standards Council. The event has been set for July 30-August 1 at the Crowne Plaza Minneapolis Airport.
How farmers and financial advisors are using benchmarking and its pros and cons will be a major part of the conference discussion, says Jim Kelm, Kelm Management, Red Wing, Minn., chairman of the planning group.
“We will take a hard look at how benchmarking can help farmers improve the financial performance of their businesses,” he explained. The meeting is definitely not for farmers only as it will give insight to those who can help farmers.
Also on the agenda will be discussion on methods for accounting for hedging as well as discussion on updating recommendations for the Financial Guidelines for Agriculture.
“The meeting will be open to any and all who are interested in farm financial recordkeeping,” Kelm explained.
A complete agenda and registration information is available at www.ffsc.org.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks