Fertilizer plant fire cause is undetermined
The fire and explosion could have been classified as naturally caused, an accident, incendiary devise caused or undetermined. The investigators have basically left the cause open as undetermined while state and federal law enforcement, including AFT, continue the investigation.
It is logical to look at the electrical system for sparking the fire, and battery operated golf carts have been linked to previous fires; therefore, it continues to be looked at as the potential ignitor. But determining much about the golf carts potential involvement is extremely difficult because only two pieces of the golf cart have been identified, the biggest being an axle and the other a brake pedal pad, it was explained at the press conference.
Because there is an ongoing criminal investigation centered around a paramedic who possessed materials for making a pipe bomb, the officials at the May 16 media conference would not accept questions about persons or criminal acts possibly causing the fire.
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning
- Responsible Ag begins auditor training, opens training center
- The World Series of ag: What inning is your business in?
- Midwest Cover Crops Guide available to help growers
- Gladstone Land has $24.6 million farm acquisition in California
- Nutrient removal rates by grain crops