Fertilizer plant fire cause is undetermined
The fire and explosion could have been classified as naturally caused, an accident, incendiary devise caused or undetermined. The investigators have basically left the cause open as undetermined while state and federal law enforcement, including AFT, continue the investigation.
It is logical to look at the electrical system for sparking the fire, and battery operated golf carts have been linked to previous fires; therefore, it continues to be looked at as the potential ignitor. But determining much about the golf carts potential involvement is extremely difficult because only two pieces of the golf cart have been identified, the biggest being an axle and the other a brake pedal pad, it was explained at the press conference.
Because there is an ongoing criminal investigation centered around a paramedic who possessed materials for making a pipe bomb, the officials at the May 16 media conference would not accept questions about persons or criminal acts possibly causing the fire.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?