Farmers to test FieldScripts technology in 2013
- For an overview of FieldScripts, view the video at : http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pages/fieldscripts.aspx.
Integrated Farming Systems Maximizes Yield Opportunity
FieldScripts will be the first commercial product from Monsanto’s IFS platform, announced as a part of the company’s pipeline update in January 2012. IFS brings together Monsanto’s unique understanding of how plant genetics perform in different environments and combines that know-how with precision equipment and advanced data analysis to help farmers maximize yield potential on the farm.
IFS Strategy Lead Ted Crosbie believes this work will support an increasingly more sustainable agriculture system, as it allows more precise production using the finite resources available on farms.
“IFS is really about matching the right corn hybrid to the yield environments in the field and then determining the optimal agronomic practices to bring out the very best performance in that hybrid for farmers,” Crosbie said. “IFS represents a new way of thinking about agriculture and the resources behind it.”
At the core of the IFS platform is the exclusive data analysis that Monsanto has developed to examine various factors - soil, environmental parameters, and others - to create management zone recommendations that are uniquely tailored to germplasm performance. This analysis, along with Monsanto’s extensive hybrid testing process, make Monsanto’s IFS platform unique in the industry.
- For an overview of Monsanto’s IFS platform, view the video at http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pages/integrated-farming-systems.aspx.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?