Farmers to test FieldScripts technology in 2013
- For an overview of FieldScripts, view the video at : http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pages/fieldscripts.aspx.
Integrated Farming Systems Maximizes Yield Opportunity
FieldScripts will be the first commercial product from Monsanto’s IFS platform, announced as a part of the company’s pipeline update in January 2012. IFS brings together Monsanto’s unique understanding of how plant genetics perform in different environments and combines that know-how with precision equipment and advanced data analysis to help farmers maximize yield potential on the farm.
IFS Strategy Lead Ted Crosbie believes this work will support an increasingly more sustainable agriculture system, as it allows more precise production using the finite resources available on farms.
“IFS is really about matching the right corn hybrid to the yield environments in the field and then determining the optimal agronomic practices to bring out the very best performance in that hybrid for farmers,” Crosbie said. “IFS represents a new way of thinking about agriculture and the resources behind it.”
At the core of the IFS platform is the exclusive data analysis that Monsanto has developed to examine various factors - soil, environmental parameters, and others - to create management zone recommendations that are uniquely tailored to germplasm performance. This analysis, along with Monsanto’s extensive hybrid testing process, make Monsanto’s IFS platform unique in the industry.
- For an overview of Monsanto’s IFS platform, view the video at http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pages/integrated-farming-systems.aspx.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement