Farmers Edge acquires Mosaic VR fertilizer patents
Farmers Edge, provider of nutrient and agronomic management services, announced it has acquired a set of global patents and trademarks from The Mosaic Company. This patented system, known as FieldInsite, correlates remote sensing imagery with crop yield, which are used to generate site-specific fertilizer recommendations.
The system uses an innovative approach that allows farmers to improve profitability and efficiency of their investment in crop nutrients. The system has been used successfully in key agricultural markets such as Canada, the United States, Argentina and Brazil. Through the acquisition Farmers Edge will continue to expand their growth in providing precision agricultural solutions to farmers worldwide.
"These patents will enable Farmers Edge to continue our development of variable rate technology across global markets. We look forward to working with the companies currently utilizing the FieldInsite system", says Wade Barnes, CEO Farmers Edge.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning