FarmLogs introduces free plan and new features
FarmLogs, a company that creates user-friendly farm management software and mobile apps to help third-party professionals who help farmers and the farmers themselves plan, manage and analyze farms’ operations, announced a completely free version of its software along with new lower cost premium plans tailored to fit specific needs.
The free plan comes with features that FarmLogs customers have had to use including activity logging, inventory tracking, crop planning, basic weather and mobile access, as well as new features, including RainAlert and Automatic Crop History.
“We believe so strongly in helping farmers around the world become more profitable and more efficient that we decided it's time to introduce a totally free way to use FarmLogs,” said Jesse Vollmar, CEO and co-founder of FarmLogs. “As part of our ongoing commitment to growth and constant improvement, we’ve also just launched several innovative features that our customers have requested.”
There are still premium plans (Basic, Pro and Enterprise) that require payment and include Field Rainfall Monitoring, the newly released FarmLogs weather feature, and are targeted toward larger farms with multiple users, allowing for greater team collaboration. The Basic Plan allows for up to five users and 1,000 acres. The Pro Plan can have unlimited users and up to 5,000 acres. An Enterprise Plan features an unlimited amount of users and acreage and offers all features that come with the Pro Plan. Pricing details are available by contacting FarmLogs.
- Field Rainfall Monitoring is a rainfall tracking feature that displays field-specific rainfall levels for the most recent 12- and 24-hour periods as well as eight years of historical precipitation data without gauges. (Included in the Basic, Pro, and Enterprise Plans)
- RainAlert is a mobile feature that sends users a pop-up alert on their mobile device detailing the exact amount of time before rain hits and how heavy the precipitation will be. (Included in the free Android and iOS mobile apps)
- Automatic Crop History automatically displays crop history for all entered fields for the past five years including county average yield data. This allows farmers to make more informed decisions regarding crop rotation. (Included in all plans)
FarmLogs is a farm management software company for row crop farming. The company is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich., and was founded in 2011 by Jesse Vollmar and Brad Koch. The website is FarmLogs.com.
- Monsanto launches Mexico center for developing GMO corn
- Verdesian Life Sciences acquires QC Corporation
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Study suggests more waters may deserve federal protection
- Fertilizer maker Mosaic cuts phosphate output
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Tuesday night
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto