Farm bill alternatives: What is on the table?
In addition to AFBF, the National Farmers Union also praised the leaders of the House and Senate Agriculture committees who will be leading the Conference committee, and sent them a letter. The NFU did not pick and choose among the House and Senate Farm Bill elements, but put a high priority on the retention of the 1938 and 1949 permanent farm laws, which have been removed by the House. Their loss would allow Congress to ignore any request for farm policy or farm spending. The presence of the older laws which bring parity prices into effect essentially force the Congress to rewrite farm policy every 5 years.
If you have any preferences for farm policy, speak up now (with a letter to your member of Congress) or keep quiet for the next 5 years.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company