Facility safety, security listening sessions continue
ARA Senior Vice President of Policy Richard Gupton and Public Policy Counsel Michael Kennedy testified at the Nov. 15 public listening session for Executive Order 13650 (Improving Chemical Facility Safety and Security). The executive order was issued by President Obama in August as a first response to the West Fertilizer incident.
The listening session was hosted by EPA, OSHA, USDA, DHS and ATF. The November 15 session was one of many being hosted nationwide to determine methods to prevent another incident like the one in West, Texas.
Government agency representatives shared an overview of the various sections of the executive order and highlighted sections that will impact retailers including eliminating the OSHA's process safety exemption and adding Ammonium Nitrate to EPA's Risk Management Program. In testimony to the panel, ARA emphasized ResponsibleAg and its work with drafting an ARA first responder document, which was widely accepted.
Several of the listening sessions have already been completed, so ARA strongly encourages members to voice their concerns at future listening sessions.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning