FMCSA amends Hours of Service
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is amending its Dec. 27, 2011, final rule entitled "Hours of Service of Drivers" to provide an exception from the 30-minute rest break requirement for short-haul drivers who are not required to prepare records of duty status.
This is necessary because of the decision of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit to vacate the rest-break requirements of 49 CFR 395.3(a)(3)(ii) as it applies to short-haul drivers operating under 49 CFR 395.1(e)(1)-(2). Specifically, the following drivers are no longer subject to the 30- minute break requirement:
• All drivers (whether they hold a CDL or not) who operate within 100 air-miles of their normal work reporting location and satisfy the time limitations and recordkeeping requirements of § 395.1(e)(1).
• All non-CDL drivers who operate within a 150 air-mile radius of the location where the driver reports for duty and satisfy the time limitations and recordkeeping requirements of § 395.1(e)(2).
Click here to view the final rule published in the Federal Register on Monday, Oct. 28, 2013.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.