FMC signs agreements with GAT Microencapsulation AG
FMC Corporation announced that its Agricultural Products Group has signed a perpetual, global licensing agreement, along with distribution and services agreements with GAT Microencapsulation AG covering a range of advanced crop protection products and proprietary formulation technologies.
Under the agreement, FMC will access GAT Microencapsulation AG's complete library of intellectual property, which includes a portfolio of registered products, proprietary formulation technologies, and new products in development. FMC will be the main distributor of GAT Microencapsulation AG's current product portfolio in virtually all global markets. GAT Microencapsulation AG will supply the products to be sold, as well as new materials for products FMC commercializes in the future. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
"Over the years, FMC's innovation and collaboration initiatives have delivered impressive crop protection technologies. We are pleased to be adding to our portfolio GAT Microencapsulation's products and proprietary formulation technologies. With their research and development expertise, product registration experience, and key location in central Europe, we have found an important new strategic partner that will help us achieve our Vision 2015 goals," said Mark Douglas, president, FMC Agricultural Products.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture