FMC signs agreement with Quimica Agronomica de Mexico
FMC Corporation announced today its Agricultural Products Group has entered into a research and development collaboration agreement for several proprietary biological pesticides from Quimica Agronomica de Mexico. The two companies will co-develop the new fungicides and insecticides for use globally.
"This transaction marks another step forward in our effort to offer customers biological products that meet their changing needs," said Mark Douglas , president, FMC Agricultural Products. "FMC's innovation and collaboration initiatives have delivered impressive technologies over the years and we are pleased to add Quimica Agronomica de Mexico to our roster of key partners. The prospect of expanding our already strong crop protection portfolio is exciting."
"FMC is an excellent partner because of its experience developing new molecules and for its access to important and growing global markets," said Miguel Alvarado , general director, Quimica Agronomica de Mexico. "We look forward to a productive and successful partnership."
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Survey shows big data use increasing
- Partnership to collaborate on bio-stimulants
- DuPont Pioneer celebrates production expansion in Ontario
- No-till may not bring hoped-for boost in global crop yields
- Crop markets moved mostly higher again Thursday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta