FMC signs agreement with Quimica Agronomica de Mexico
FMC Corporation announced today its Agricultural Products Group has entered into a research and development collaboration agreement for several proprietary biological pesticides from Quimica Agronomica de Mexico. The two companies will co-develop the new fungicides and insecticides for use globally.
"This transaction marks another step forward in our effort to offer customers biological products that meet their changing needs," said Mark Douglas , president, FMC Agricultural Products. "FMC's innovation and collaboration initiatives have delivered impressive technologies over the years and we are pleased to add Quimica Agronomica de Mexico to our roster of key partners. The prospect of expanding our already strong crop protection portfolio is exciting."
"FMC is an excellent partner because of its experience developing new molecules and for its access to important and growing global markets," said Miguel Alvarado , general director, Quimica Agronomica de Mexico. "We look forward to a productive and successful partnership."
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals