Explanation of S.D. field tours and variety trials
July 16, Bison Crop Variety Trials: This tour will include variety trials of oats, spring wheat, winter wheat, field peas, sunflowers and safflowers, and begins at at 10 a.m. (MST). The tour is led by Nathan Mueller SDSU agronomy specialist; and speakers may include Ada Szczepaniec, SDSU Extension entomology specialist; Emmanuel Byamukama, plant pathology specialist; Kathy Grady SDSU Extension oilseeds specialist, and Ruth Beck, SDSU Extension agronomy field specialist. Directions to tour: The winter wheat plot is 4 miles west of Bison on Hwy 20 to Bixby Road, then south 4 miles, then east ¼ mile. It is on Duane Shea's farm. The sunflower plots are 3 miles south on Bixby Road, then ¼ mile east.
August 13: Volga Farm Tour: This tour begins at 8:30 a.m. (CDT) and will include many topics on corn and soybean production. Directions to farm: approximately 3 miles south of Volga on Samara/464th Avenue and on the east side of the road.
For more information, contact the nearest SDSU Extension Regional Center, and contact information is available at iGrow.org.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.