Explanation of S.D. field tours and variety trials
July 16, Bison Crop Variety Trials: This tour will include variety trials of oats, spring wheat, winter wheat, field peas, sunflowers and safflowers, and begins at at 10 a.m. (MST). The tour is led by Nathan Mueller SDSU agronomy specialist; and speakers may include Ada Szczepaniec, SDSU Extension entomology specialist; Emmanuel Byamukama, plant pathology specialist; Kathy Grady SDSU Extension oilseeds specialist, and Ruth Beck, SDSU Extension agronomy field specialist. Directions to tour: The winter wheat plot is 4 miles west of Bison on Hwy 20 to Bixby Road, then south 4 miles, then east ¼ mile. It is on Duane Shea's farm. The sunflower plots are 3 miles south on Bixby Road, then ¼ mile east.
August 13: Volga Farm Tour: This tour begins at 8:30 a.m. (CDT) and will include many topics on corn and soybean production. Directions to farm: approximately 3 miles south of Volga on Samara/464th Avenue and on the east side of the road.
For more information, contact the nearest SDSU Extension Regional Center, and contact information is available at iGrow.org.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement