Exclusive evaluation agreement signed for Eden’s nematicide
Eden Research plc, the AIM listed natural micro-encapsulation company, announces that it has signed an exclusive evaluation agreement with Belgian speciality chemicals expert, Taminco BVBA.
The agreement grants Taminco the right to evaluate Eden’s nematicide product for crop protection uses until Dec. 31, 2014. It is anticipated, in case of a successful evaluation and if a profitable business case can be made, that Eden and Taminco will negotiate a global licensing arrangement to allow the commercialisation of the nematicide product which is expected to use Eden’s active ingredients and GO-E Inside, Eden’s natural encapsulation technology.
Clive Newitt, managing director of Eden, said, “The market for nematicides is worth around $1 billion per year at grower level and, in recent years, has seen a significant number of effective products being removed from sale due to their risk profiles. Eden has created an effective, natural alternative to replace some of these products’ uses which we believe Taminco will be able to commercialise alongside their existing soil fumigant business in order to fully exploit this opportunity.”
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning