Exclusive evaluation agreement signed for Eden’s nematicide
Eden Research plc, the AIM listed natural micro-encapsulation company, announces that it has signed an exclusive evaluation agreement with Belgian speciality chemicals expert, Taminco BVBA.
The agreement grants Taminco the right to evaluate Eden’s nematicide product for crop protection uses until Dec. 31, 2014. It is anticipated, in case of a successful evaluation and if a profitable business case can be made, that Eden and Taminco will negotiate a global licensing arrangement to allow the commercialisation of the nematicide product which is expected to use Eden’s active ingredients and GO-E Inside, Eden’s natural encapsulation technology.
Clive Newitt, managing director of Eden, said, “The market for nematicides is worth around $1 billion per year at grower level and, in recent years, has seen a significant number of effective products being removed from sale due to their risk profiles. Eden has created an effective, natural alternative to replace some of these products’ uses which we believe Taminco will be able to commercialise alongside their existing soil fumigant business in order to fully exploit this opportunity.”
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto