Exclusive evaluation agreement signed for Eden’s nematicide
Eden Research plc, the AIM listed natural micro-encapsulation company, announces that it has signed an exclusive evaluation agreement with Belgian speciality chemicals expert, Taminco BVBA.
The agreement grants Taminco the right to evaluate Eden’s nematicide product for crop protection uses until Dec. 31, 2014. It is anticipated, in case of a successful evaluation and if a profitable business case can be made, that Eden and Taminco will negotiate a global licensing arrangement to allow the commercialisation of the nematicide product which is expected to use Eden’s active ingredients and GO-E Inside, Eden’s natural encapsulation technology.
Clive Newitt, managing director of Eden, said, “The market for nematicides is worth around $1 billion per year at grower level and, in recent years, has seen a significant number of effective products being removed from sale due to their risk profiles. Eden has created an effective, natural alternative to replace some of these products’ uses which we believe Taminco will be able to commercialise alongside their existing soil fumigant business in order to fully exploit this opportunity.”
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement