Electricity was focus of day two of safety school
McCloskey went through the situations the state has run into as ag retailers have tried to comply with the repackaging in reuseable containers. There is no state enforcement in most situations or states because “states will conduct inspections and forward the results to the EPA; the EPA will handle all necessary enforcement actions, and the vast majority of states have no legal authority to seek enforcement actions related to (most parts of) this rule.” This non-state enforcement has caused frustration by state inspectors on being able to provide specific answers to questions because they cannot speak for the federal EPA officials.
The safety school concluded a little after 11 a.m., and many of the school attendees drove about two miles down the highway to take a look at the MAGIE show displays and talk to some of the Illinois state regulatory agency officials that had displays set up at the show.
The weather cooperated with a high 80s temperature and slight wind. The Ride and Drive areas for test driving applicator equipment were busy.
A special media ride and drive was organized by AGCO after the show hours for ag retailers and custom applicators. The media drove the 2013 versions of RoGators and TerraGators, and equipment specialists explained the modifications, improvements made to the equipment.
MAGIE ends at 2 p.m. on Thursday.
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- Tire makers race to turn dandelions into rubber
- Toro releases guide for using micro-sprinklers for IPM
- USDA to fund $25 million in value-added producer grants
- Crop futures mostly higher, livestock prices stabilizing
- Suppress Palmer pigweed with a ryegrass cover crop
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Cooperative exits retail and automotive business
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease