Electricity was focus of day two of safety school
McCloskey went through the situations the state has run into as ag retailers have tried to comply with the repackaging in reuseable containers. There is no state enforcement in most situations or states because “states will conduct inspections and forward the results to the EPA; the EPA will handle all necessary enforcement actions, and the vast majority of states have no legal authority to seek enforcement actions related to (most parts of) this rule.” This non-state enforcement has caused frustration by state inspectors on being able to provide specific answers to questions because they cannot speak for the federal EPA officials.
The safety school concluded a little after 11 a.m., and many of the school attendees drove about two miles down the highway to take a look at the MAGIE show displays and talk to some of the Illinois state regulatory agency officials that had displays set up at the show.
The weather cooperated with a high 80s temperature and slight wind. The Ride and Drive areas for test driving applicator equipment were busy.
A special media ride and drive was organized by AGCO after the show hours for ag retailers and custom applicators. The media drove the 2013 versions of RoGators and TerraGators, and equipment specialists explained the modifications, improvements made to the equipment.
MAGIE ends at 2 p.m. on Thursday.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ranco Bucket Elevators
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.