Electricity was focus of day two of safety school
McCloskey went through the situations the state has run into as ag retailers have tried to comply with the repackaging in reuseable containers. There is no state enforcement in most situations or states because “states will conduct inspections and forward the results to the EPA; the EPA will handle all necessary enforcement actions, and the vast majority of states have no legal authority to seek enforcement actions related to (most parts of) this rule.” This non-state enforcement has caused frustration by state inspectors on being able to provide specific answers to questions because they cannot speak for the federal EPA officials.
The safety school concluded a little after 11 a.m., and many of the school attendees drove about two miles down the highway to take a look at the MAGIE show displays and talk to some of the Illinois state regulatory agency officials that had displays set up at the show.
The weather cooperated with a high 80s temperature and slight wind. The Ride and Drive areas for test driving applicator equipment were busy.
A special media ride and drive was organized by AGCO after the show hours for ag retailers and custom applicators. The media drove the 2013 versions of RoGators and TerraGators, and equipment specialists explained the modifications, improvements made to the equipment.
MAGIE ends at 2 p.m. on Thursday.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?