EPA to rate products for drift reduction in 2013
Pesticide registrants are also being encouraged to work with the EPA so that they label products with information recommending alternatives for application using various DRT equipment and products. An example might be the progressive reduction in buffer zone required depending on the use of a one star, two star or three star DRT nozzle.
Additionally, EPA would be more favorably inclined toward a pesticide registrant company when it does a risk assessment and risk management analysis of a pesticide if DRT is provided as alternatives for use by applicators.
As Ellenberger also explained about the initiation of the verification for drift reduction being focused at the equipment manufacturers, “This is kind of a way to drive the application equipment market to manufacture and sell nozzles that produce less and less fines.”
As earlier noted, the star rating of DRT is already being used in the UK and about 100 nozzles have been listed with a star rating. Those ratings may be applicable to the U.S. market and included on the EPA website in the future.
Adjuvant manufacturers are also extremely interested in testing their products because drift reduction is a major claim for the use of various adjuvants.
Multiple tank mixing of active ingredients and adjuvants with different formulations will be highly complicated to be part of the DRT verification program in the beginning stage.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
Junge Control Inc.