EPA registers Syngenta’s refuge-in-a-bag corn seed
Syngenta announced the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has granted registration approval for two refuge-in-a-bag trait stacks. Agrisure Viptera 3220 E-Z Refuge and Agrisure 3122 E-Z Refuge feature 5 percent blended refuge and multiple modes of action for corn insect control. Both products will be available for the 2013 planting season.
Davor Pisk, Syngenta COO, said: “The launch of a refuge-in-a-bag offer further enhances our leading corn insect control portfolio, which includes seed treatments and insecticides as well as traits. We are therefore able to offer growers superior convenience and flexibility, enabling them to comply with refuge requirements and to manage the development of resistant insects. Our above-the-ground refuge product Agrisure Viptera 3220 E-Z Refuge will be distinguished by the incorporation of the breakthrough Viptera trait, which offers unrivalled control of broad lepidopteran pests.”
Agrisure E-Z Refuge products will be available from Syngenta's Garst, Golden Harvest and NK seed brands.
- Valmont acquires majority stake in AgSense
- DuPont announces investment in seed treatment solutions
- Bills to regulate California groundwater use opposed by farmers
- Court overturns law limiting biotech crops on Hawaiian island
- New products added to the Agrotain stabilizer portfolio
- Ag markets are generally mixed in early-Wednesday trading
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease