EPA registers Syngenta’s refuge-in-a-bag corn seed
Syngenta announced the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has granted registration approval for two refuge-in-a-bag trait stacks. Agrisure Viptera 3220 E-Z Refuge and Agrisure 3122 E-Z Refuge feature 5 percent blended refuge and multiple modes of action for corn insect control. Both products will be available for the 2013 planting season.
Davor Pisk, Syngenta COO, said: “The launch of a refuge-in-a-bag offer further enhances our leading corn insect control portfolio, which includes seed treatments and insecticides as well as traits. We are therefore able to offer growers superior convenience and flexibility, enabling them to comply with refuge requirements and to manage the development of resistant insects. Our above-the-ground refuge product Agrisure Viptera 3220 E-Z Refuge will be distinguished by the incorporation of the breakthrough Viptera trait, which offers unrivalled control of broad lepidopteran pests.”
Agrisure E-Z Refuge products will be available from Syngenta's Garst, Golden Harvest and NK seed brands.
- Woman arrested in seed theft case released on bond
- Mosaic to halt muriate of potash output in New Mexico
- Dow Chemical adds more assets to "for sale" list
- U.S. farmers resort to giant storage bags to avoid cheap sales
- Fafinski Mark & Johnson launches UAS practice group
- Most ag markets are higher, but hog futures are tumbling Thursday