EPA registers Fierce herbicide for corn
Fierce herbicide, the newest residual from Valent U.S.A. Corporation, has received EPA registration and is now available to no-till and reduced-tillage field corn growers looking for a long-lasting preemerge solution to tough weeds. Fierce is also pending EPA registration for use in soybeans and is anticipated to be registered in time for the 2013 season.
Fierce is a combination of Valor herbicide and a new active ingredient, pyroxasulfone. Trial results from 2011 showed this combination to provide dependable, long-lasting control of the broadest spectrum of weeds and grasses.
“Growers know and believe in the excellent control Valor brings to their weed programs,” said Trey Soud, Valent product marketing manager. “By combining Valor with pyroxasulfone, growers will now have a single herbicide to tackle even the toughest weeds and grasses.”
In a series of university and private trials over 2010 and 2011, Fierce provided as much as eight weeks of residual control. Fierce also demonstrated excellent crop safety and strong control of both grass and broadleaf weeds.
“Fierce was developed for growers who desire a premium preemerge herbicide in a two-pass Roundup Ready corn system,” said Soud. “Fierce offers a complete weed control solution with outstanding residual control of a broad spectrum of tough weeds and grasses to help manage resistance and protect the farmer’s yield.”
In trials, Fierce showed excellent control of Palmer amaranth, waterhemp, common lambsquarters, velvetleaf, dandelion, marestail, annual nightshades, pigweed species plus annual grasses—including glyphosate-, ALS- and triazine-resistant varieties, as well as other tough weeds and grasses.
"With residual control well into the season, Fierce will be an effective addition to a grower’s resistance management and overall weed strategy program,” said Soud. “After seeing remarkable results in trials across the country, we are extremely excited to share this new residual herbicide with no-till and reduced-tillage field corn growers.”
Fierce can be applied up to seven days before planting no-till or reduced-tillage field corn.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company