DuPont says farmers want whole-farm insights
The first wave of new services is available to farmers this growing season for helping them to manage all of the data they gather. Pioneer Field360 services was launched and is designed to help growers confidently transform their farm data into increased productivity through timely and actionable information.
DuPont said that while new digital technology is allowing farmers to gather massive amounts of data, the real value comes when data drives insights to help them improve their operations’ profitability.
“In today’s complex, data-intense farming operations, growers need a way to sort through all their data to make better decisions,” said Paul E. Schickler, DuPont Pioneer president. “Information is only relevant if it is used in a way that can help increase the entire operations’ profitability, and that next generation of whole-farm management begins today.”
As part of DuPont’s commitment to farmers and increasing the food supply around the world, DuPont Pioneer announced at the Commodity Classic today that the business is immediately dedicating additional resources to meet increasing grower demand for the next generation of whole-farm profitability services. The business plans to deliver insights for advanced farmer profitability and expand its support for a wide variety of farming decisions including seed selections, in-season crop management and water and fertility management — all at a grower’s fingertips.
DuPont Pioneer understands farmers are eager to synthesize knowledge and convert data from their operations into actionable management insights,” said Schickler. “Pioneer Field360 services combined with our team of sales professionals will provide growers a vital link between data and action that can help drive income per acre year after year.”
Following are brief descriptions about the new management apps and tools that will be available with Pioneer Field360 services:
- Pioneer Field360 Notes app streamlines and organizes field-by-field agronomic information for communication between DuPont Pioneer agronomists, sales professionals and growers. The tool is compatible with iPad and iPhone devices, and DuPont Pioneer will release the tool for Android devices later this season.
- The Pioneer Field 360 Plantability app allows growers to scan a seed tag and indicate their planter type, maximizing planter performance and seed-drop accuracy. The tool is available for iPad, iPhone, and Android devices currently.
- Pioneer Field360 Select service is a mobile subscription service, leveraging web-based software that allows growers to monitor their fields in real-time for precipitation, GDU information and corn growth stage development. Interactive maps show management layers, yield, as-planted detail and field boundaries. Available to growers later this year, the program is compatible with Pioneer Field360 and runs on any computer or tablet with Internet access..
The new Pioneer Field360 apps are available at www.pioneer.com/360. You can download Pioneer Field360 Notes in the App Store (http://phbn.ws/360notes ), and the Pioneer Field360 Plantability is available in the App Store (http://phbn.ws/plantability) and in the Google Play Store (http://phbn.ws/gplantability).
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.