DuPont introduces Basis Blend herbicide
Now offering growers an enhanced formulation for improved post harvest weed control, DuPont Crop Protection has introduced DuPont Basis Blend herbicide. Basis Blend has received federal registration approval from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for application after harvest and before ground freeze-up to control tough winter annuals weeds. Basis Blend will replace DuPont Basis 75DF herbicide.
Basis Blend delivers improved burndown and residual weed control for fall or early spring applications. “When applied in the fall, Basis Blend provides long-lasting weed control for cleaner, warmer seedbeds the following spring in fields that will be planted to corn,” said John Chrosniak, regional director, North America, DuPont Crop Protection. “Weeds slow productivity and reduce yield, making strategic weed control and managing weed resistance crucial. At DuPont, we strive to develop products that take weed control to the next level, collaborating with customers to meet growers’ changing needs.”
Basis Blend is a selective herbicide for post harvest burndown and residual control of certain annual grass and broadleaf weeds. “The new formulation is more readily adsorbed by weeds, resulting in more consistent control. That means growers can confidently apply Basis Blend over a wide variety of environmental conditions,” adds Chrosniak.
Basis Blend uses an improved dry-blended formulation, which dissolves more completely than Basis 75DF for more effective burndown and residual control of tough weeds and grasses. Even under cool conditions, Basis Blend controls glyphosate-tolerant and glyphosate-resistant weeds, plus other key weeds, including dandelion, poison hemlock, annual bluegrass, henbit and other winter annuals.
Easy to Mix
The dry-blend formulation also makes Basis Blend easier to mix, minimizing the amount of residue left in the container. As a result, growers and applicators will spend less time rinsing containers and cleaning spray tanks.
Basis Blend is compatible with PrecisionPac dispensing systems used by selected DuPont retailers to quickly and efficiently assemble tank mixes by spray tank volume or field acreage.
Along with outstanding weed control and the improved formulation, growers who choose Basis Blend can benefit from financing and other purchase incentives through the TruChoice Opportunity Program.
- Despite USDA approval, Enlist trait faces hurdles
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- USDA approves Dow’s Enlist corn, soybean traits
- Mapping technology help farmers understand soil
- Improve nutrient balance to boost corn yields
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report