DuPont Instigate herbicide receives registration
Corn growers in the northern and eastern Corn Belt who are looking for more flexibility in crop production have a new tool: DuPont Instigate herbicide has received federal registration approval from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for application from preplant through early emergence to control tough broadleaf and grass weeds in corn.
Instigate (instigate.dupont.com) provides burndown plus residual weed control of hard-to-control broadleaf and grass weeds across a wide application window with excellent crop safety. As part of a tank-mix program, Instigate delivers season-long weed control that outperforms standard herbicide programs.
“Instigate gives growers extra flexibility to work around weather delays and busy schedules while keeping corn fields clean during the crucial weed-free period before crop canopy,” said John Chrosniak, regional director, North America, DuPont Crop Protection. “This is another example of how DuPont is developing products to meet growers’ changing needs and handle weeds that can reduce yield and overall productivity. Successful weed control and weed resistance management through strategic herbicide use are two steps that will help growers produce more to help meet the challenge of feeding our growing population.”
Effective at low use rates, Instigate includes multiple active ingredients, including a unique dry formulation of mesotrione. Instigate is formulated to add efficacy and deliver improved results when tank-mixed with full or reduced rates of most basic preemergence corn herbicide programs, including glyphosate, paraquat, atrazine and atrazine-containing products. Instigate offers season-long control when used in a program with DuPont Cinch ATZ herbicide or with Breakfree ATZ herbicide.
“Instigate can be tank-mixed with most standard preemergence corn herbicide products. By including Instigate in a preemergence program, growers can reduce the amount of standard preemergence herbicide needed by one-third or more,” Chrosniak added.
Through the TruChoice Opportunity Program, Instigate is available with grower financing and other purchase incentives that will allow a grower to earn up to an 8 percent incentive on all DuPont Crop Protection product purchases.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Ohio’s largest Deere dealer to sell precision drone products
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease