DuPont Instigate herbicide receives registration
Corn growers in the northern and eastern Corn Belt who are looking for more flexibility in crop production have a new tool: DuPont Instigate herbicide has received federal registration approval from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for application from preplant through early emergence to control tough broadleaf and grass weeds in corn.
Instigate (instigate.dupont.com) provides burndown plus residual weed control of hard-to-control broadleaf and grass weeds across a wide application window with excellent crop safety. As part of a tank-mix program, Instigate delivers season-long weed control that outperforms standard herbicide programs.
“Instigate gives growers extra flexibility to work around weather delays and busy schedules while keeping corn fields clean during the crucial weed-free period before crop canopy,” said John Chrosniak, regional director, North America, DuPont Crop Protection. “This is another example of how DuPont is developing products to meet growers’ changing needs and handle weeds that can reduce yield and overall productivity. Successful weed control and weed resistance management through strategic herbicide use are two steps that will help growers produce more to help meet the challenge of feeding our growing population.”
Effective at low use rates, Instigate includes multiple active ingredients, including a unique dry formulation of mesotrione. Instigate is formulated to add efficacy and deliver improved results when tank-mixed with full or reduced rates of most basic preemergence corn herbicide programs, including glyphosate, paraquat, atrazine and atrazine-containing products. Instigate offers season-long control when used in a program with DuPont Cinch ATZ herbicide or with Breakfree ATZ herbicide.
“Instigate can be tank-mixed with most standard preemergence corn herbicide products. By including Instigate in a preemergence program, growers can reduce the amount of standard preemergence herbicide needed by one-third or more,” Chrosniak added.
Through the TruChoice Opportunity Program, Instigate is available with grower financing and other purchase incentives that will allow a grower to earn up to an 8 percent incentive on all DuPont Crop Protection product purchases.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants