DuPont CEO announces progress on 2020 food security goals
Growing the Future Generation in Africa
Growth and sustainability of the food supply will rely on the next generation of producers, scientists, Extension agents and food leaders. We are collaborating with non-profit organizations like 4-H in Africa, along with universities and governments to ensure we meet our target of 3 million youth engagements by 2020. DuPont is working with 4-H to engage youth in five African countries to build the skill and will to contribute to addressing the food security challenge. Programs include a Leadership Institute for adult 4-H leaders and enterprise gardens for building hands on farming and business training for youth. More than 14,000 youth were impacted in 2012.
Working with Smallholder Dairy Farmers
Improving rural communities starts with improving the livelihoods of farm families. To support this goal, DuPont is working closely with small farmers in Latin America to reduce milk waste at dairy farms, and to help them produce quality cheese more consistently and hygienically. DuPont Danisco Marschall brand rennet is a complex enzyme in a simple tablet form that modifies milk protein to form a curd and make cheese. Local DuPont employees work collaboratively with Latin America farmers to implement this technology on their smallholder operations to bring stability and profitability to rural regions.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday morning
- Draft EIS comment period closes with Enlist support
- Launch of Open Ag Data Alliance supports farmer/data privacy
- MANA introduces Captan Gold
- Report: Australia could play larger role in Asian food security
- Anniversary at Bayer CropScience SeedGrowth conference
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.