DuPont, AFBF invest in My American Farm web education
DuPont and the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture announced a $250,000 donation to the foundation’s My American Farm virtual education resource. The donation from DuPont’s seed business, DuPont Pioneer, will support new games and resources, increased outreach to K-12 stakeholders and a mobile application to increase access and use of this online educational portal.
The My American Farm program has engaged hundreds of thousands of youth, teachers and parents with online games and hands-on activities teaching core content subject areas including math, science, social studies, English language arts, and health, while reinforcing key agricultural themes since its launch in 2010. In addition to offering educational experiences for youth from preschool to sixth grade, the program provides standards-based resources to teachers.
“DuPont Pioneer actively promotes science education with the goal of attracting more students to study and pursue careers in the sciences, including agriculture,” said Susan Bunz, vice president of policy and outreach for DuPont Pioneer. “We know we must grab their attention early to ensure youth remain engaged in science throughout their K12 experience and on into college. The My American Farm program supports this goal in a meaningful way.”
“The financial support of DuPont Pioneer has been critical to the creation and continued improvement of the My American Farm resource,” said Bob Stallman, president of the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture. “With this new commitment, we will be able to continue to add new games, supporting materials and expand the reach of the program to more kids with the creation of a mobile application. This helps us both achieve our common goal of improving agricultural literacy for our children.”
The website, http://www.myamericanfarm.org/, is a destination for children to learn math, social studies, language arts and science in the context of agriculture and food production by playing fun interactive games in a safe environment. In addition, the program provides high-quality educational resources for educators, adding to the materials provided by Farm Bureau’s highly successful Ag in the Classroom network.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- USDA’s budget proposal: How will you be impacted?
- UN: China, US climate cooperation raises hopes for global deal
- Crop marekts set back from early-Friday highs
- Even as Japan balks at trade concessions, farmers move on
- Crop pests ‘vastly underestimated’ warns study
- Evogene enhances predictive gene stacking capabilities
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.