Dow AgroSciences, Taminco sign choline supply agreement
Dow AgroSciences LLC, a subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, and Taminco US Inc., a subsidiary of Taminco Corporation, announced the companies have reached a strategic supply agreement for choline hydroxide. This raw material is a key component of Enlist Duo herbicide, a highly differentiated herbicide solution specifically designed for the Enlist Weed Control System. The Enlist system combines innovative traits, herbicides, and stewardship to deliver the weed control that farmers need now while sustaining beneficial farming practices. Under the agreement, Taminco will supply choline hydroxide to Dow AgroSciences for herbicidal uses. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Specifically, the agreement is an important step in the production of Dow AgroSciences’ proprietary 2,4-D choline which is a key component in Enlist Duo with Colex-D Technology. The Colex-D Technology package will offer customers significant benefits including ultra-low volatility, minimized potential for drift, decreased odor and improved handling characteristics. This highly differentiated product is a key component in Dow AgroSciences’ overall stewardship efforts to enable proper use and sustain the technology into the future.
“Enlist will move farming forward at a critical time for agriculture, and it is essential that we have reliable suppliers as part of our supply chain in order to meet the expected demand. We view Taminco as an important partner to advancing the Enlist system,” said Tim Hassinger, Commercial Vice President, Dow AgroSciences.
“We are very pleased to be partnering with Dow AgroSciences on this strategic supply agreement. As the world’s largest supplier of alkylamines and derivatives, we are well positioned to support their key growth initiative and are excited to be part of a significant effort in bringing new innovation to the marketplace,” said Colin Gouveia, Executive Vice President, Functional Amines, Taminco.
Dow AgroSciences plans to ramp up seed production and its supply of Enlist Duo herbicide with Colex-D Technology to support the anticipated Enlist launch.
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Survey shows big data use increasing
- Partnership to collaborate on bio-stimulants
- DuPont Pioneer celebrates production expansion in Ontario
- No-till may not bring hoped-for boost in global crop yields
- Crop markets moved mostly higher again Thursday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta