Don’t let downy mildew take down your sunflower field
Because the disease is known to evolve and adapt quickly, Syngenta will offer Bion® fungicide as an optional component of CruiserMaxx Sunflower seed treatment insecticide/fungicide beginning in 2014. Schmit added that Bion has been extremely successful in field trials, and Syngenta is looking forward to sharing the new option with growers seeking additional downy mildew protection.
While downy mildew can be a nightmare for sunflower growers, crops can be protected through proper field assessments, planting resistant varieties and applying seed treatments like CruiserMaxx Sunflower.
“Once growers see downy mildew, they never forget it. The symptoms are distinct and devastating. There aren’t a lot of diseases like it. It’s unmistakable,” Markell said. “I tell growers to know their fields and take steps to solve downy mildew issues before they begin."
- Precision ag conference looks to the future
- New webcasts save time, money during soybean aphid season
- Nutra-Flo’s two new products fight corn rootworm resistance
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Iteris, Satshot partner to deliver precision ag weather/imagery
- Russia's Uralkali to up potash price for China by 10%