Despite drought, fertilizer sales expected to be strong
The company successfully launched its UAN fill program in June and has experienced positive customer response. High acreage expectations, especially for corn, should support continued UAN demand.
For phosphates, CF Industries anticipates the export market to continue to offer more attractive selling opportunities than the domestic market due to strong demand in Latin America and India. Demand in Latin America should be strong due to the large number of acres of soybeans expected to be planted and there appear to be unmet DAP needs in India.
“We have seen market conditions emerge that are consistent with our long term expectations. Tight global grain stocks have supported strong prices and created conditions for continued high crop plantings and plant nutrient demand,” said Wilson. “With the right set of assets strategically located in one of the most significant growing regions in the world, we expect to continue to serve our customers effectively and create value for our shareholders.”
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning