Delay in chemical/fertilizer safety rules
The government shutdown slowed proposed new chemical safety rules being put in place that President Obama requested following the West, Texas, fertilizer storage facility explosion last spring.
The Huffington Post reported specifics on the delay. The Environmental Protection Agency told the news service in a statement that recommendations from agencies within the government will not be flushed out by Oct. 31 as originally planned and ordered by President Obama. Now, the EPA is suggesting the new rules and regulations should be completed by the end of November.
Previously, U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) announced that she was pushing through government fines for what could be determined as violations, even prior to the full investigation of the accident being completed, again because of the government shutdown. She wanted to make sure the statute of limitation on filing violations did not run out. Boxer said what had already been determined could carry fines of more than $118,000.
The Post says the Chemical Safety Board public hearing to present the preliminary findings of its investigation won’t happen until early 2014, a move from the originally anticipated Oct. 24 hearing.
Click here to link to the Huffington Post full article.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ranco Bucket Elevators
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.