Dawn Equipment Company, Ag Focus settle patent dispute
After nearly two years, Dawn Equipment Company and Ag Focus LLC have reached a settlement agreement ending a patent dispute relating to no-till planter technology. The terms of the settlement resulted in the payment to Dawn by Ag Focus of an undisclosed sum, as well as a patent license being granted to Ag Focus by Dawn contingent on completion of terms and conditions of the agreement.
In a recent statement, Joe Bassett, Dawn president, said “We are pleased to win a re-examination victory in each of the asserted patents. The USPTO has confirmed the patentability of our claims after conducting re-examinations requested by AG Focus. Dawn believes in vigorously defending our intellectual property against any infringement, but will try to seek solutions out of court whenever possible.”
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?