Dawn Equipment Company, Ag Focus settle patent dispute
After nearly two years, Dawn Equipment Company and Ag Focus LLC have reached a settlement agreement ending a patent dispute relating to no-till planter technology. The terms of the settlement resulted in the payment to Dawn by Ag Focus of an undisclosed sum, as well as a patent license being granted to Ag Focus by Dawn contingent on completion of terms and conditions of the agreement.
In a recent statement, Joe Bassett, Dawn president, said “We are pleased to win a re-examination victory in each of the asserted patents. The USPTO has confirmed the patentability of our claims after conducting re-examinations requested by AG Focus. Dawn believes in vigorously defending our intellectual property against any infringement, but will try to seek solutions out of court whenever possible.”
- Texas fall armyworms out early due to unseasonable rains
- Scout for western bean cutworm, western corn rootworm in Ohio
- AgSense releases iPad version of its WagNet Mobile app
- Ag markets posted divergent moves again Thursday
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- Be wary of wheat quality after wet weather
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'