Dawn Equipment Company, Ag Focus settle patent dispute
After nearly two years, Dawn Equipment Company and Ag Focus LLC have reached a settlement agreement ending a patent dispute relating to no-till planter technology. The terms of the settlement resulted in the payment to Dawn by Ag Focus of an undisclosed sum, as well as a patent license being granted to Ag Focus by Dawn contingent on completion of terms and conditions of the agreement.
In a recent statement, Joe Bassett, Dawn president, said “We are pleased to win a re-examination victory in each of the asserted patents. The USPTO has confirmed the patentability of our claims after conducting re-examinations requested by AG Focus. Dawn believes in vigorously defending our intellectual property against any infringement, but will try to seek solutions out of court whenever possible.”
- Vermont lawmakers send GMO food-labeling law to governor
- China releases its first report on agricultural outlook
- Novozymes to open new R&D center in U.S.
- CLA participates in forum for ESA consultations for pesticides
- CHS partners to build fertilizer warehouse at Hamberg, N.D.
- Federal agencies, others dispute stover ethanol conclusion
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants