Custom treatments differentiate ag retailers
Your customers aren’t all the same, so why should the seed treatments you provide them be the same? Different geographies, crops and management styles face different pest and disease challenges, so one seed treatment may not be the best for all situations. With STI Customized seed treatments from West Central, Inc., ag retailers don’t have to choose one seed treatment option.
“STI Customized supplies ready-to-use custom blended seed treatments that meets ag retailers’ needs,” says Blake Murnan, Seed Improvement Specialist, Product Development Group, West Central, Inc. “STI Customized allows you to customize seed treatments based on geography and rate of final application volume, while also providing your customers with the right active ingredient at the right rate.”
West Central, Inc. uses products from partners like Nufarm to provide premier actives with unique formulation and stabilization technology. In addition, West Central is the industry leader in customized seed treatment with the experience and expertise to provide superior product support.
“STI Customized allows ag retailers to maximize their profits by eliminating mixing time and errors, reducing staff time, reducing carryover inventory and allowing them to order the number of units they need,” says Murnan.
In addition, STI Customized products are blended in the spring, right before the season starts. The customized mix of seed treatments is then delivered to customers in a mini-bulk tank.
STI Customized provides newly produced seed treatment products in either 120-gallon returnable shuttles or 30-gallon one-way tanks. The 120-gallon returnable shuttles are delivered to ag retailers and don’t require the customer to clean following use. Retailers can just set them aside for collection.
Also, STI Customized seed treatments offer you agronomic benefits and convenience that allow you to utilize specific products to build a superior custom blend.
“Using STI Customized seed treatments allow you to differentiate your business because you are not selling the same product as your competitors,” says Murnan. “Plus, you can sell the products you determine are best for your geography.”
West Central, Inc. currently provides products to 22 states from the Pacific Northwest to the Midwest and is located in Willmar, Minn.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants