Winfield Solutions adds to seed portfolio in 2014
Winfield Solutions announced its 2014 Croplan seed lineup, which gives farmers the ability to better-manage corn rootworm (CRW) and limited moisture in corn.
Performance results from WinField’s Answer Plot program are a testament to the yield potential of the latest Croplan seed varieties. In more than 300 comparisons across multiple geographies, new Croplan hybrids delivered an average of nearly 7 bushels per acre more than the competition, and a 4 bushel per acre increase over existing hybrids in the portfolio.
“Year over year, our new Croplan seed offerings raise the bar on yield potential, and this year is no exception,” says K.C. Graner, WinField seed and agronomy advisor. “Our repeated local testing shows us these new varieties are performing in a variety of areas across maturity sets, which gives farmers the framework they need to be successful heading into the upcoming growing season.”
2014 Croplan Seed Corn Variety Highlights
Farmers looking to optimize production in drought areas or those planting dryland corn can now benefit from two new water optimization traits available in Croplan hybrids – Agrisure Artesian (Syngenta) and Genuity DroughtGard (Monsanto).
- Agrisure Artesian – Utilizes a proprietary Gene Blueprinting process, which identifies and utilizes multiple genes that carry distinctive modes of action responsible for moisture stress protection.
- DroughtGard – Includes a new bio-tech trait that helps corn plants mitigate yield loss due to drought, especially during key growth stages.
“Both new water optimization traits help enhance yield potential when moisture is limited, but also perform well under wet conditions," says Ryan Moeller, regional product manager, WinField. “Our farmers have been asking for this level of control, and these new offerings can deliver the increase to their genetic yield potential they’ve been looking for.”
New Agrisure Duracade technology (Syngenta) will also be available for farmers who are dealing with resistance to current CRW-traited products.
- Agrisure Duracade – Introduces a new protein and mode of action to the marketplace for optimal resistance control. 2014 Croplan varieties will also include a 5 percent refuge-in-a-bag, which producers are demanding.
“This technology is new to the marketplace, so there’s no resistance to it,” says Moeller. “It’s a particularly favorable option in corn-on-corn rotations as well as areas with heavy CRW pressure.” Farmers in South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Western Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado can choose from 82-day (2280AS5222) and 90-day varieties (3080ASA5222).
Croplan seed combines proven genetics from multiple gene pools with leading traits and technologies, to provide farmers the optimal seed for each acre. Leading genetics are then paired with data from the nearest of WinField’s nearly 200 Answer Plot® Program locations to further illustrate localized seed performance for farmers.
Visit http://www.croplan.com/ for more information about Croplan corn hybrids, and http://www.answerplot.com/ for comparative performance data on the industry’s top hybrids, including offerings for 2014 from Croplan seed.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Fertilizer in small doses yields higher returns for less money
- Research shows GM crops safe, no special labeling needed
- Taiwan passes new GMO tolerance regulations
- Middle East drought a threat to global food prices
- Canada orders railways to boost grain shipments to ease logjam
- Weak Asian markets weighed on crop markets Sunday night
- Spectacular economic growth in China has a downside: drought
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New soil health toolbox evaluates plant available nutrients
- Bayer CropScience to acquire Biagro Group
- USGC sees potential problems for Ukraine farmers
- DuPont Pioneer and Hexima announce new insect protection
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment