CropLife America celebrated 80th year at annual meeting
Two students currently engaged in promoting agriculture among young adults also gave a brief presentation during the second general session. Brennan Costello, central region vice president of the National FFA Organization, and Caroline Weihl of Agriculture Future of America (AFA), challenged attendees to imagine what agriculture and the crop protection industry might look like in the next 30 years.
“Throughout this year’s annual meeting, we celebrated the work of those ‘agricultural giants’ that came before us and worked so steadily on advancing modern agriculture from the time of CLA’s founding until today,” Vroom noted. “At all times, however, we must continue looking forward. Our industry is dependent on students like Brennan and Caroline, who represent the future of agriculture.”
- Researchers find boron facilitates stem cell growth in corn
- Novozymes and Monsanto showcase new ag innovations
- Case IH introduces real-time AFS Connect 2.0
- Bayer CropScience plans 2015 release of new corn herbicide
- Valmont acquires majority stake in AgSense
- DuPont announces investment in seed treatment solutions
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease