Crop sensor rate table added to OptRx crop sensors
Growers looking for application flexibility can take advantage of a new Crop Sensor Rate Table available now from Ag Leader Technology. This functionality offered through the DirectCommand system on the Integra display allows producers to utilize the OptRx crop sensors to apply the agrochemicals they need on-the-go at the rates necessary for optimum performance.
Product Specialist Chad Fick explains, “Many agrochemicals, such as fertilizers,pesticides,defoliants, growth regulators and others, can be more effectively applied if the rates are varied according to crop health.”
OptRx crop sensors work by shining light on the crop canopy and reading the light reflected back to determine the crop health, also known as Vegetative Index. Working with agronomists or crop consultants, farmers can use OptRx to improve the application of any agrochemical to any crop that needs a variable rate. “The new Crop Sensor Rate Table allows growers to choose a Vegetative Index range and assign the recommended rates based on those ranges,” Fick said.
Growers with the Integra display can take advantage of the Crop Sensor Rate Table by updating their firmware to version 3.3.
- Tremendous response to Iowa’s new nutrient reduction program
- FMC opens new Asia Innovation Center in Shanghai
- Groundwater levels drop in Southwest in ongoing drought
- Council of the European Union adopts position on GMOs
- New Holland launches new self-propelled sprayer line
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Study says neonic insecticides widespread in Iowa waters
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- AgData acquired by Vista Equity Partners
- Granular completes nationwide beta testing; signs first customers
- Concerns grow over damage to EU wheat crop quality
- Evogene amends Bayer wheat agreement