Crop markets generally strong on Tuesday
CME traders are also anticipating seasonal strength in cash hog and wholesale pork values through mid-February, but those markets are not cooperating very well with bulls in that respect. That is, the CME lean hog index has only inched its way higher lately and remains at a modest discount to the nearby February futures price. It is expected to slip 0.05 cents to 84.59 cents/pound Wednesday. Meanwhile, pork cutout has demonstrated little strength during the first two weeks of the year. A sustained cattle market advance might also go far in boosting the hog and pork complex, but that market has not been acting very well lately either. February hogs rose one tick to 85.25 cents/pound at the Tuesday close, while June futures fell 0.25 cents to 96.60.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Vertical Floor Blenders