Counterpoint to fearing GM food spreads worldwide
A copy of an editorial/opinion that appeared in the Wall Street Journal that debunks the fear of genetically modified foods has been circulated by the Mid America CropLife Association. “The irrational fear of GM food” editorial was written by Van Montaga, Ph.D., one of the 2013 World Food Prize laureates.
MACA board member Steve Koziolek, Rosens, Inc., suggested the article contains the “talking points we need to debunk myths.” MACA is among hundreds of agricultural companies and organizations that want to see the message of this editorial spread worldwide. It has been posted on various websites and sent as pdfs.
Montaga is the founder and chairman of the Institute of Plant Biotechnology Outreach at Ghent University in Belgium. He is the co-recipient of the 2013 World Food Prize along with Mary-Dell Chilton, Ph.D., of Syngenta Biotechnology and Robert Fraley, Ph.D., of Monsanto.
The editorial can be read by clicking here.
- Argentina seeks to export more food to sanction-hit Russia
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Tuesday
- China's carbon plans: secrecy and oversupply darken outlook
- Russian sanctions threaten both Europe's farmers and policymakers
- Ag markets are decidedly mixed at midsession Tuesday
- California’s drought worst since at least 1895
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America