Counterpoint to fearing GM food spreads worldwide
A copy of an editorial/opinion that appeared in the Wall Street Journal that debunks the fear of genetically modified foods has been circulated by the Mid America CropLife Association. “The irrational fear of GM food” editorial was written by Van Montaga, Ph.D., one of the 2013 World Food Prize laureates.
MACA board member Steve Koziolek, Rosens, Inc., suggested the article contains the “talking points we need to debunk myths.” MACA is among hundreds of agricultural companies and organizations that want to see the message of this editorial spread worldwide. It has been posted on various websites and sent as pdfs.
Montaga is the founder and chairman of the Institute of Plant Biotechnology Outreach at Ghent University in Belgium. He is the co-recipient of the 2013 World Food Prize along with Mary-Dell Chilton, Ph.D., of Syngenta Biotechnology and Robert Fraley, Ph.D., of Monsanto.
The editorial can be read by clicking here.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law