Counterpoint to fearing GM food spreads worldwide
A copy of an editorial/opinion that appeared in the Wall Street Journal that debunks the fear of genetically modified foods has been circulated by the Mid America CropLife Association. “The irrational fear of GM food” editorial was written by Van Montaga, Ph.D., one of the 2013 World Food Prize laureates.
MACA board member Steve Koziolek, Rosens, Inc., suggested the article contains the “talking points we need to debunk myths.” MACA is among hundreds of agricultural companies and organizations that want to see the message of this editorial spread worldwide. It has been posted on various websites and sent as pdfs.
Montaga is the founder and chairman of the Institute of Plant Biotechnology Outreach at Ghent University in Belgium. He is the co-recipient of the 2013 World Food Prize along with Mary-Dell Chilton, Ph.D., of Syngenta Biotechnology and Robert Fraley, Ph.D., of Monsanto.
The editorial can be read by clicking here.
- USDA to improve rural telecommunications infrastructure
- Slow U.S. grain harvest, fast use easing squeeze on storage
- Yara expands fertilizer capacity in Porsgrunn, Norway
- Xanthion In-furrow fungicide receives registration
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed Wednesday night
- Pilot program seeks to address honeybee-pesticide conundrum
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture