Counterpoint to fearing GM food spreads worldwide
A copy of an editorial/opinion that appeared in the Wall Street Journal that debunks the fear of genetically modified foods has been circulated by the Mid America CropLife Association. “The irrational fear of GM food” editorial was written by Van Montaga, Ph.D., one of the 2013 World Food Prize laureates.
MACA board member Steve Koziolek, Rosens, Inc., suggested the article contains the “talking points we need to debunk myths.” MACA is among hundreds of agricultural companies and organizations that want to see the message of this editorial spread worldwide. It has been posted on various websites and sent as pdfs.
Montaga is the founder and chairman of the Institute of Plant Biotechnology Outreach at Ghent University in Belgium. He is the co-recipient of the 2013 World Food Prize along with Mary-Dell Chilton, Ph.D., of Syngenta Biotechnology and Robert Fraley, Ph.D., of Monsanto.
The editorial can be read by clicking here.
- New platform to simplify inventory and fertilizer sales
- Cheminova’s dimethoate 4E receives 2(EE) recommendation
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants