Corn futures extend losses from WASDE report at midday
Wednesday morning news concerning the hog and pork complex didn’t seem particularly supportive, since both cash and wholesale quotes were down somewhat. The fact that the morning direct market quotes aren’t very reliable, probably reduced their influence, but late-morning news that heavy hams were called steady-to three cents lower was not friendly. The intra-day reversal suffered by live cattle futures probably weighed on the swine market as well. Projections for a substantial drop by the CME index seemed likely to depress Chicago prices as well. The fact that the nearby contracts had risen slightly in the face of these factors was impressive. Wire service sources cited expectations for tightening supplies in the New Year for the rise. February hogs rose 0.10 cents to 84.25 and June was up 0.10 at 99.15.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Maryland leaders stall phosphorus regulations
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- Agricultural subsidies remain a staple in the industrial world
- Canada, South Korea conclude long-delayed free trade deal
- Syngenta halts sales of new GMO corn seed in Canada
- Beans and hogs reversed recent gains Tuesday night
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.