Corn farmers get most of record $12 billion crop insurance payout
In its version of the farm bill last year, the House Agriculture Committee refused to make either of the reforms proposed by the Senate. Chairman Frank Lucas said there was no support for the ideas.
Crop insurers range from privately held companies to subsidiaries of large corporations, such as Wells Fargo, Ace Limited, Deere and QBE Insurance Group .
TOP STATES, CROPS FOR INDEMNITIES
Leading states for payments to date:
--Illinois, $1.813 billion.
--Iowa, $1.493 billion.
--Kansas, $1.245 billion.
--Nebraska, $1.222 billion.
--Texas, $1.213 billion.
--South Dakota, $1.014 billion.
Leading crops for payments:
--Corn, $7.848 billion.
--Soybeans, $1.616 billion.
--Cotton, $917 million.
--Wheat, $722 million.
--Sorghum, $370 million.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
Junge Control Inc.