Congress on Conservation earning big sponsors
Another major sponsor joined the Conservation Agriculture Systems Alliance (CASA) to support the 6th World Congress on Conservation Agriculture (WCCA).
The Mosaic Company joined Dow AgroSciences, Monsanto and Seed Hawk, Inc., as a platinum sponsor for the conference, which is being held June 22-25, 2014, in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
“At Mosaic, we work hard to help farmers sustainably produce more food per acre,” said Rick McLellan, Mosaic senior vice president—commercial. “Mosaic supports the World Congress on Conservation Agriculture because of our shared commitment to advancing modern agriculture techniques and careful resource management.”
WCCA will provide an opportunity for more than 600 people from around the world to meet on conservation issues. During the conference, attendees will talk to leaders in conservation agriculture, network with peers from around the world, engage in policy discussion and learn about the latest research.
The conference is hosted by CASA, a network of conservation agriculture organizations across North America, with the Conservation Technology Information Center (CTIC) and Soil Conservation Council of Canada (SCCC) coordinating the Congress planning committees.
To facilitate the conservation dialogue, the WCCA program is organized around three themes of conservation agriculture:
• Sustainable Intensification: Conservation agriculture (CA) allows producers to intensify cropping systems to increase production sustainably without undue expansion in land area devoted to agriculture.
• Climate change: A well-designed CA system contains a diversity of crop types and healthy soils that give producers more options for adjusting to changes in rainfall patterns or growing-season temperatures while also contributing to climate change mitigation.
• Innovative Adoption: The best teacher of interconnected farming practices is someone who has successfully mastered them. Innovative CA practitioners, researchers and service providers will share their experience and knowledge.
CASA is the association of representatives of local, regional and national organizations who are working to promote the adoption of the principles of conservation agriculture within the regions they represent. CASA showcases conservation agriculture successes in North America and helps others adopt conservation agriculture.
For more information on CASA, visit click here.
For more information on WCCA, visit www.wcca6.org.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.