China ag demand is seen as fiction
A new report from Growmark Research debunks the commonly accepted notion that demand from China is driving global commodity prices.
“There is a common assumption that China’s rapid economic growth has resulted in its having an increased demand for and consumption of world commodities, and that China’s increased consumption has driven up global commodity prices,” said Kel Kelly, Growmark economic and market research manager, and author of the report.
“Our analysis shows the inverse is true,” Kelly said.
“Demand from China: Fact or Fiction? Why China is not the real driver of commodity prices” report shows analyses demonstrating China’s lack of influence on commodity prices, concluding China is not responsible for the majority of the price increases experienced by most commodities over the past decade.
Rather, Wall Street investors are responsible for the rise in commodity prices, the report contends.
The report can be accessed by clicking here.
Growmark is a $10 billion regional agricultural cooperative headquartered in Bloomington, Ill. It provides supplies and services to customers in more than 40 states and Ontario, Canada.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.