Cheminova plans strobilurin fungicide launch in 2014
Cheminova Inc., Research Triangle Park, N.C., plans to introduce an azoxystrobin fungicide under the Equation brand in 2014, pending Environmental Protection Agency registration.
Azoxystrobin, the active ingredient in Syngenta's Abound and Quadris fungicides, is coming off patent in stages in various countries worldwide.
In China, for example, the technical patent for azoxystrobin expired in 2010, prompting Chinese manufactures to quickly ramp up production, according to a report from CCM International Ltd., a Chinese market research firm in Guangzhou, China.
Outside of the United States, Cheminova has manufactured and sold the active ingredient since 2011, according to a news release.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America