Cheminova plans strobilurin fungicide launch in 2014
Cheminova Inc., Research Triangle Park, N.C., plans to introduce an azoxystrobin fungicide under the Equation brand in 2014, pending Environmental Protection Agency registration.
Azoxystrobin, the active ingredient in Syngenta's Abound and Quadris fungicides, is coming off patent in stages in various countries worldwide.
In China, for example, the technical patent for azoxystrobin expired in 2010, prompting Chinese manufactures to quickly ramp up production, according to a report from CCM International Ltd., a Chinese market research firm in Guangzhou, China.
Outside of the United States, Cheminova has manufactured and sold the active ingredient since 2011, according to a news release.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Ohio’s largest Deere dealer to sell precision drone products
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease