Cheminova plans strobilurin fungicide launch in 2014
Cheminova Inc., Research Triangle Park, N.C., plans to introduce an azoxystrobin fungicide under the Equation brand in 2014, pending Environmental Protection Agency registration.
Azoxystrobin, the active ingredient in Syngenta's Abound and Quadris fungicides, is coming off patent in stages in various countries worldwide.
In China, for example, the technical patent for azoxystrobin expired in 2010, prompting Chinese manufactures to quickly ramp up production, according to a report from CCM International Ltd., a Chinese market research firm in Guangzhou, China.
Outside of the United States, Cheminova has manufactured and sold the active ingredient since 2011, according to a news release.
- Weed seed present at harvest offers weed control opportunity
- Corn harvest pace picks up, but…
- New insect management knowledge program from Monsanto
- Why is micronutrient availability so patchy in a field?
- Monsanto issues comment on Oregon and Montana GM wheat
- Crop traders are awaiting today's big USDA reports
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto