Cheminova plans strobilurin fungicide launch in 2014
Cheminova Inc., Research Triangle Park, N.C., plans to introduce an azoxystrobin fungicide under the Equation brand in 2014, pending Environmental Protection Agency registration.
Azoxystrobin, the active ingredient in Syngenta's Abound and Quadris fungicides, is coming off patent in stages in various countries worldwide.
In China, for example, the technical patent for azoxystrobin expired in 2010, prompting Chinese manufactures to quickly ramp up production, according to a report from CCM International Ltd., a Chinese market research firm in Guangzhou, China.
Outside of the United States, Cheminova has manufactured and sold the active ingredient since 2011, according to a news release.
- Insight into drought tolerance of TAM wheat varieties
- Ag markets turned mostly lower Tuesday morning
- GMO safety, weed control top concerns as U.S. study kicks off
- WSU researchers explain mystery of cereal grain defense
- Soybean success: Highest yield in Georgia history
- Innovative conservation efforts highlighted at Vilsack farm visit
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Ag markets turned generally mixed Monday morning