Cheminova plans strobilurin fungicide launch in 2014
Cheminova Inc., Research Triangle Park, N.C., plans to introduce an azoxystrobin fungicide under the Equation brand in 2014, pending Environmental Protection Agency registration.
Azoxystrobin, the active ingredient in Syngenta's Abound and Quadris fungicides, is coming off patent in stages in various countries worldwide.
In China, for example, the technical patent for azoxystrobin expired in 2010, prompting Chinese manufactures to quickly ramp up production, according to a report from CCM International Ltd., a Chinese market research firm in Guangzhou, China.
Outside of the United States, Cheminova has manufactured and sold the active ingredient since 2011, according to a news release.
- AFBF: What EPA isn’t telling you about its latest CWA rule
- Rentech Nitrogen Partners to supply TKI with ammonia
- CF Industries’ Woodward N complex shut down for repairs
- EPA reorganizes OPP’s registration division
- USDA to provide $4 million for honey bee habitat
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement