Cheminova launches Statement herbicide
Cheminova, Inc. announced the launch of Statement herbicide, a new choice for growers looking for control of glyphosate and ALS-resistant weeds in both soybeans and cotton. A premix with two active ingredients, metolachlor and fomesafen, Statement may be used preplant and for preemergence for control of annual grass and broadleaf weeds on soybeans, while also providing residual control and reducing early weed competition.
Statement may also be applied postemergence on cotton to control grasses, broadleaf weeds and sedges. It may also be tank mixed with other labeled post-directed herbicides to broaden the weed control spectrum in cotton.
“Soybean growers looking for an affordable preemergent herbicide will love Statement for its dual modes of action and residual control of broadleaf and grassy weeds,” said Ken Phelps, Product Manager, Cheminova, Inc. “Cotton growers will enjoy the flexibility it gives them for post-directed sprays on grasses, broadleaves and sedges.”
Statement will be packaged in 2 x 2.5 gallon containers and is on sale April 1.
- Farm Market iD releases 2013 Land and Grower Database
- Even in isolated, pristine Tasmania, pressure for GMO farming
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- Maire Tecnimont to build $1.6 billion U.S. fertilizer plant
- Corn price premiums continue to fade