Canterra Seeds praises federal ag announcement
David Hansen, president and CEO of Canterra Seeds, praised the government of Canada for introducing legislation to bring the country in line with international plant breeders' rights standards.
"This is big news for Canadian farmers. This is going to mean more innovation, improved seed genetics and a broader selection of varieties for producers," Hansen said.
The Agriculture Growth Act (Bill C-18) includes measures to bring Canada into line with UPOV '91, an international treaty that protects the commercial rights of plant researchers and marketers while also securing the traditional rights of farmers.
"Until now, some foreign breeders were reluctant to test their genetics in Canada, since they weren't sure their rights would be protected. This legislation will clear that up, and will encourage a new era of investment in our industry."
Hansen stated that the bottom line is to provide better genetics for farmers and end-users.
"Our business is to find and market seed varieties that help farmers make more money. This legislation will help us do that job more effectively."
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
Ranco Bucket Elevators
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.