Canadian Pacific Railway to transport K&S potash
K&S Potash Canada, a subsidiary of Germany's K&S AG, said on Thursday that it signed an exclusive long-term deal for Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd to transport potash from a mine it is building in Western Canada.
Terms were not released.
The Legacy mine near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, is expected to begin production in 2016, and will be the province's first new potash mine in about 40 years.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?