California drought information sessions set
Informational sessions on drought resources for farmers, ranchers and farm workers are set for several locations throughout California in the coming weeks. Dates and locations include:
• Feb. 18, 6-8 p.m., Junction Elementary School, Palo Cedro, CA
• Feb. 19, 6-8 p.m., Monterey County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office, Salinas, CA
• Feb. 20, 6-8 p.m., Fresno County Farm Bureau, Fresno, CA
• Feb. 25, 6-8 p.m., Ventura County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office, Camarillo, CA
• Feb. 26, 6-8 p.m., San Diego County Farm Bureau, Escondido, CA The sessions are expected to provide information on state and federal government programs designed to assist farmers with water conservation, crop insurance, and other on-farm management tools. Information on farm-worker assistance programs will also be available. Several state/federal government entities will be represented at these information sessions, including USDA Farm Service Agency; USDA Risk Management Agency; USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service; USDA Rural Development; the California Employment Development Department; and other community resources.
Upcoming application deadlines for federal programs include crop insurance programs offered by the USDA's Risk Management Agency (Feb. 28); non-insured crop insurance offered by the USDA's Farm Service Agency (March 1); and water conservation enhancements offered by the USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Service (March 3). These programs offer a variety on-farm assistance including cover crops and tree pruning as well as market-based risk management tools.
For more information concerning drought resources for California farmers, ranchers and farmworkers, visit – www.cdfa.ca.gov/drought
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
Vertical Floor Blenders