CLA disappointed in farm bill’s exclusion of a provision
The House-Senate Farm Bill Conference Committee concluded its work this past Monday and issued its compromise Farm Bill legislation.
By Wednesday, the House had passed the Farm Bill conference report by a substantial, bi-partisan margin.
CropLife America is extremely disappointed that the #1 CLA priority for the Farm Bill, the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)--Clean Water-- reform was not included in the final bill.
Several other provisions we support did make it to the Conference Report, including amendments on pollinator health, ESA and alleviating PIP seed imports from EPA's Notice of Arrival (NOA) process.
We're still evaluating what happened to the NPDES provision and will have more on that and the rest of all that is in the Farm Bill in next week's newsletter.
It's still not exactly clear when the Senate will vote on the Farm Bill Conference Report.
- Precision ag conference looks to the future
- New webcasts save time, money during soybean aphid season
- Nutra-Flo’s two new products fight corn rootworm resistance
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Iteris, Satshot partner to deliver precision ag weather/imagery
- Russia's Uralkali to up potash price for China by 10%