CLA disappointed in farm bill’s exclusion of a provision
The House-Senate Farm Bill Conference Committee concluded its work this past Monday and issued its compromise Farm Bill legislation.
By Wednesday, the House had passed the Farm Bill conference report by a substantial, bi-partisan margin.
CropLife America is extremely disappointed that the #1 CLA priority for the Farm Bill, the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)--Clean Water-- reform was not included in the final bill.
Several other provisions we support did make it to the Conference Report, including amendments on pollinator health, ESA and alleviating PIP seed imports from EPA's Notice of Arrival (NOA) process.
We're still evaluating what happened to the NPDES provision and will have more on that and the rest of all that is in the Farm Bill in next week's newsletter.
It's still not exactly clear when the Senate will vote on the Farm Bill Conference Report.
- Farmland price outlook in 2014 and beyond
- Climate change to cut South Asia's growth 9% by 2100
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- As risk of drought rises, Australian farmers struggle to invest
- Soybean aphids make an unusual appearance
- Livestock futures led most ag markets lower Wednesday morning
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America