CLA disappointed in farm bill’s exclusion of a provision
The House-Senate Farm Bill Conference Committee concluded its work this past Monday and issued its compromise Farm Bill legislation.
By Wednesday, the House had passed the Farm Bill conference report by a substantial, bi-partisan margin.
CropLife America is extremely disappointed that the #1 CLA priority for the Farm Bill, the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)--Clean Water-- reform was not included in the final bill.
Several other provisions we support did make it to the Conference Report, including amendments on pollinator health, ESA and alleviating PIP seed imports from EPA's Notice of Arrival (NOA) process.
We're still evaluating what happened to the NPDES provision and will have more on that and the rest of all that is in the Farm Bill in next week's newsletter.
It's still not exactly clear when the Senate will vote on the Farm Bill Conference Report.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company