CLA disappointed in farm bill’s exclusion of a provision
The House-Senate Farm Bill Conference Committee concluded its work this past Monday and issued its compromise Farm Bill legislation.
By Wednesday, the House had passed the Farm Bill conference report by a substantial, bi-partisan margin.
CropLife America is extremely disappointed that the #1 CLA priority for the Farm Bill, the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)--Clean Water-- reform was not included in the final bill.
Several other provisions we support did make it to the Conference Report, including amendments on pollinator health, ESA and alleviating PIP seed imports from EPA's Notice of Arrival (NOA) process.
We're still evaluating what happened to the NPDES provision and will have more on that and the rest of all that is in the Farm Bill in next week's newsletter.
It's still not exactly clear when the Senate will vote on the Farm Bill Conference Report.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta