CLA disappointed in farm bill’s exclusion of a provision
The House-Senate Farm Bill Conference Committee concluded its work this past Monday and issued its compromise Farm Bill legislation.
By Wednesday, the House had passed the Farm Bill conference report by a substantial, bi-partisan margin.
CropLife America is extremely disappointed that the #1 CLA priority for the Farm Bill, the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)--Clean Water-- reform was not included in the final bill.
Several other provisions we support did make it to the Conference Report, including amendments on pollinator health, ESA and alleviating PIP seed imports from EPA's Notice of Arrival (NOA) process.
We're still evaluating what happened to the NPDES provision and will have more on that and the rest of all that is in the Farm Bill in next week's newsletter.
It's still not exactly clear when the Senate will vote on the Farm Bill Conference Report.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement