CHS introduces new starter fertilizers
CHS Inc., a leading farmer-owned cooperative and a global energy, grains and foods business, announced it is introducing two new liquid starter fertilizers: CHS Aventine Complete, available through CHS Service Centers, and XLR-rate, available nationwide through CHS cooperatives and crop input retailers.
“XLR-rate liquid starter fertilizer is a high orthophosphate formulation that delivers early green-up in colder, wet soils; promotes root development for a better stand and strengthens the crop during pre-productive growth stages to overcome disease and adverse growing conditions,” said Michael Johnson, crop nutrients marketing director for CHS.
Mark Biedenfeld, business development manager for CHS, said, “CHS Aventine Complete contains a broad range of nutrients and unique chelation technology that prevents micronutrients like iron, copper, zinc and manganese from binding in the soil, which improves seedling health for a good start that’s necessary for maximum yield.”
Both XLR-rate and CHS Aventine Complete can be used as a soil or foliar application. Their low-salt formulations make both products seed and plant safe, eliminating the risk of injury or yield loss.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?