CFATS personnel surety information collection request
The Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) Personnel Surety Program 30-Day Notice was posted for public inspection January 31. This notice describes a number of options from which facilities may choose to use for compliance with RBPS-12(iv).
ARA is particularly concerned with the inclusion of electronic verification of employees regardless of whether the employee has already been vetted through a program such as HMEs and TWICs. ARA has put a request in to discuss DHS's electronic verification requirements, as this has been a reoccurring issue.
David Wulf, Director of the Infrastructure Security Compliance Division for the Office of Infrastructure Protection with the Department of Homeland Security said DHS and industry have a shared stake in identifying potential terrorists who may seek to access our highest-risk chemical infrastructure.
You may comment on the 30-Day Notice here: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/02/03/2014-02082/chemical-facility-anti-terrorism-standards-personnel-surety-program-agency-information-collection.
- Granular completes nationwide beta testing; signs first customers
- Concerns grow over damage to EU wheat crop quality
- Davis Equipment is celebrating 50 years in business
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday